Agnostic.com

16 2

What was the greatest day of your life?

kensmile4u 8 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two: The day my daughter was born and the day I finished my PhD. I'd been told repeatedly that it would never happen. Yet another example of why it's not wise to challenge me.

Congrats on the worthy accomplishment! My kid's birthdays were all the best days of my life too.

The experience of beginning my first (and thus far only) poly relationship.

That's good news! Good luck 🙂

The day I "gave mah huart to da Lort"!!! JUST KIDDING!!! Actually the greatest day in my life was when I decided to flush all the religious B.S. I had been taught and realized the poison of religion.

Thanks for your comment. That is a big day in our lives. I became a nonbeliever when i was told Santa Claus wasn't real. They both seemed like equal sized fairy tales to me as a young boy. Consequently I was too young to realize the gravity of my decision.

I hasn't arrived yet.

It could happen any day now!

2 of them, the births of my 2 kids.

Those were the best days of my life also.

During our lives, if lucky, we’re presented a few truly extraordinary moments. For example, when a doctor tells you, "it's a girl," and then hands you the little life you created. It was a perfect, unforgettable moment. As I looked into the eyes of that beautiful bundle, my breath was taken away. My eyes filled with tears of joy. Then I blinked, and there I was giving a “Father of the Bride” speech. Where did the time go?

Thanks for the extraordinary comment. I wish all the best to you and your family...

The day I was born - because in absense of that day none of his would matter. 🙂

Thanks for the comment. That is True!

More than one. Admitting how screwed up I am in a 12 step group. Realizing how much, at one time, I was in love/connected with my ex. Figuring out how screwed up my family is and how that affects me. 'Great' doesn't necessarily mean easy.

Thanks for the comment. These are good words of clarity....

Being let in with the elephants at London zoo

Thanks for the comment. That must have been a dream come true!

oh and some. even better it was something that isn't normally allowed.

The day l was born.

Thanks for the comment. Nothing else is possible without that big day. How is the music going?

@kensmile4u It's very good. This is a band that really listens to each other when we play. Fun things happen when you really listen to each other. No egos.

@Sticks48 That is so true about listening to each other. Not really a dynamic band until that happens.

@kensmile4u l left the previous band l was in for two years for that reason. I have played mostly with people who played music for a living. In the last 6 years l have played with hobby players. For most of these players showing off is more important than the music.

@Sticks48 When show offs compete on stage you get organized noise. That's not a pleasant way to waste my time.

I teach high level players to play in the dark. It's no different than playing with your eyes closed but most players can't maintain that for long. Once you master that then your eyes get out of the way and your senses of hearing and touch take over. The result is an intuitive and visceral level of playing where your heart is directly connected to your instrument. Brings a whole new level of respect for Stevie Wonder and all the other blind musicians. It's a good goal for a band to rehearse at least one song in the dark. Preferably the most dynamic one. The showoffs will be humbled by this experience and the band may find it's collective self.

@kensmile4u Interesting idea. Our lead player teaches. I will share that with him. Thanks.

Early May, 1986. I was back in the ceramics studio, mopping the floor, after taking my Final Exam in Chemistry. That was the last step in finishing my undergraduate coursework and the realization that I was going to graduate sunk in! Boy was I ever elated. And scared.

Thanks for the comment. I remember when i got my engineering degree. It was one of my finest days as well.

The day I finished my six day journey riding a bicycle from one side of the state of Michigan to the other. When I began the trip, I was looking at one lake and when I got to the other side, I was looking at a different lake. And I was looking at it knowing that the reason I was there was because I put in the effort and pedaled across the state. I never felt so accomplished.

Thanks for the comment. That had to be a remarkable immersive experience. The only thing i've done even close to that was a four day horse pack trip in the back country between the Tetons and Yellowstone park. But I hired an outfitter to do the dirty work. Your trip was a total DIY. Good on you!

The day I joined Agnostic.com

Thanks for the comment. This site is remarkable I agree.

That is easy - but I need two - the days my children were born!

Thanks for the comment. Those were the best days of my life also.

Adopting my then-foster daughter on her 17th birthday. Hands down.

Helga Level 4 Apr 8, 2018

Thanks for the comment. That is an amazing story. I bet she feels the same way about you.

August 1, 2012 sitting in a brand new overnight crop circle near the Avebury stone circle in England....with 3 people I love very much and 4 wonderful doggies....

Thanks for the comment. What do you think is making these things?

ok...and add in all five days of my graduations with college degrees. Five of them. Yep.

aliens. Of course. 😉

@SkotlandSkye What are your degrees in?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.