Agnostic.com

1 5

"The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness." ( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)
It does kind of make a difference when you discover who said it.

Archeus_Lore 7 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is precisely this feeling of awe that has made me understand the 'religious experience' so many believers describe. I simply think it's being incorrectly attributed to some 'guy in the sky' when perhaps they wouldn't be so of base if the simply removed the guy part. We have a primal desire to define that which we cannot explain, and it's these definitions gone awry that has led to so much inherent misunderstanding about the world in which we live. Einstein was obviously a genius scientist, but it has always been his views on philosophy that speak most deeply to me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527689
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.