Agnostic.com

2 0

Question on Nietzsche

What does Nietzsche mean by the "will to power"?

Hages 7 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My personal interpretation, and I emphasise this is MY interpretation, of the will to power is the defining characteristic of the Ubermensch, the force of the functioning mind to discover and then pursue the true meaning of one own life, to create and to contribute something new to the collective whole, to assert change.
This contrasts with the mind of the herd human whose own will does not drive them to power, but to serve, to "borrow" the will of the Ubermensch and to act upon it and constuct the new to the pattern provided.
The opposite of the will to power, the will to depower is the characteristic of the Letzter Mensch, the determination to half progress, to be reactionary, to regress the collective whole.

The “will to power” is a central concept in the philosophy of 19th-century German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. It is best understood as an irrational force, found in all individuals, that can be channeled toward different ends. ... For this reason, the will to power is also one of Nietzsche's most misunderstood ideas.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.