Agnostic.com

5 12

Isn’t it ironic?

Some of the earliest known religions were heliocentric—they felt both blessed and indebted to the big fireball in the sky. And unbeknownst to their primitive minds, they weren’t too far from the truth. The big sky-fire had indeed ignited into life and released all the materials that created virtually everything in our solar system—including them.

Religion has only digressed with layer upon layer of bull over time. Common sense has diminished in this respect.

EDIT: I may have misused the word heliocentric, I only meant it as the sun being the focus or center of primitive belief, not a belief the sun was actually in the center.

AgeofReason 5 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Common sense is something that is very uncommon in every sense, not only when talking about religion.

I always thought this would make a great universal atheist logo. Recognizable for its basic elements in the same way a cross is.

[m.facebook.com]

Yes, it is ironic, don't ya think?

No shit, Sherlock!

The modern day pagan/wiccans worship nature gods.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.