Agnostic.com

2 1

Upon reading Leanda De Lisle's book about the sisters who would be Queen, I felt sorry for Lady Jane Grey as a teenager being used by her father and other powerful protestant men who forced her to be queen against her will and her own complicity in her execution by insisting on the correctness of her interpretation of god's will and putting it right in the face of Mary Tudor, a committed Catholic who could have pardoned Jane. Of course, the catholic power behind Mary wanted Jane dead so she could not be a threat to their catholic tribe side, which is similar to why Mary, Queen of Scots, a catholic, was beheaded by the protestant tribe supporting Elizabeth. Jane believed in faith rather than works as the priority for god's grace. She did believe that the belief in communion, the body and blood of jesus was a delusion. She was strong willed and very intelligent, thought of as being more learned than even the impressive Elizabeth. Was reputed to be able to debate in classical Greek and Latin. Upon believing she was indeed to be executed, she wrote letters and documents stating why her protestant faith was the true faith and why.

Healthydoc70 7 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would have let them kill each other, who the fuck cares anyway of something that happened so long ago, can't be changed, but I say we all could always do without fanatic brainwashed assholes.

Meanwhile this is still being fought in Northern Ireland. They're have been killing each other in Britain over a fairy tale. A virgin who if she ever existed got knocked up her son who never walked the earth either.

Part of my motivation to post this was exactly that point. This was mid 16th century and here we are with humans still believing and killing each other over their own insane delusions. I have a first cousin, who is a rethug and he once told me he was/is a scientist and only deals in facts, and yet he is a catholic. I have watched him take communion and cross himself. I still wonder. Exactly what facts does he deal with?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.