Agnostic.com

5 0

Respecting ones choice

I kindly asked asked a good friend of mine to refrain from sending videos on religion. She’s recently decided to convert to Catholicism which is fine. That’s her choice, but I’m simply not interested. I grew up in a Christian household and I left Christianity for a reason. Why is it so difficult for some religious people to accept ones choice to not be apart of a religion? Is there a science behind it?

Ashxoleyxo 5 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The fact of your lack of belief questions such people's beliefs. They are also enjoined to witness that faith.

Severe brainwashing doesn't allow them to think logically. Just ignore the messages you get from this person, or use a block filter and if on social media just block or unfriend.

Christianity is programmed that it’s all true.
It’s their attempt to try and save you.
They are not interested in listening.

It’s really frustrating!

I'm so sorry this is being shoved down your throat. I don't understand the reasoning behind it but I'm here in solidarity with you. I was married to my Christian husband for almost seven years and the first 2 he spent trying to convince me there is a god. As you can see it clearly didn't work.

Thank you for sharing this and your kindness. How did you get through it during the time?

@Ashxoleyxo rolling my eyes and walking away for the longest time. Then I started asking the hard questions he couldn't quite answer. I told him to imagine anything from the bible happening in this day and age and he was just lost for words. We both just agreed not to talk about religion.

Religious people have trouble wrapping their minds around no god. It has to do with being raised with religion. You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

1st off, I love your profile pic! I like the saying replacing horse to water with theist to think. I’m definitely going to use it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.