Agnostic.com

5 1

Mask wearing promoters are very much like evangelical Christians.
They believe they are being protected by the mask and if they fail to wear it they will be struck down by a horrible disease and die a miserable death.

Evangelicals believe the Bible is their protection and without it they will be condemned to everlasting hellfire. The parallel is clear.

Both groups are wrong.

dumasarok 7 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wear a mask to protect YOU from MY germs, and vice versa. If you had been paying attention you would know that.

Your "parallel" is total BULLSHIT.
"No shoes, noshirt, no mask, no service"....big whoop or common sense....except to you.

Science proves masks work . look at NYC.. To compare wearing masks to religion isn't feasible...
When you are sick, don't you go to a doctor, or do you pray?

Nope common sense , protects everyone . Those who don't endanger others

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 10, 2020

Unfortunately the people that don't wear masks are the ones that will give me the disease. I have just as much right to go about my business outside my home as anyone else. My mask protects others not myself.

You're selfish attitude reminds me of the drunk driver who thinks only of himself. Laws that protect the majority need to be enforced.

I believe we are all going to be infected eventually no matter what we do. It's just a matter of when.

Oh yeah, I think the comparison with evangelicals is apt.

@dumasarok I bet you also believe that you are healthy enough to survive.

@Lorajay Actually I don't know whether I will be part of the unfortunate minority who develop serious complications or not. By some measures I'm in a high risk group. I'm not worrying about it though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532736
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.