Agnostic.com

12 11

Taped Confession: Trump Admitted in March he was lying about COVID-19.

"It’s beyond despicable," Joe Biden said. "It’s a dereliction of duty, a disgrace."

Joe Biden and other top Democrats on Wednesday slammed President Donald Trump over comments he made about the coronavirus to journalist Bob Woodward for an upcoming book, including the president's acknowledgment that he "wanted to always play it down," even though he knew it was "deadly."

"He knew how deadly it was. He knew and purposely played it down," Biden added. "Worse, he lied."

“This caused people to die," Biden told CNN in an interview set to air Thursday. "And what’d he do the whole time? He acknowledges you breathe it, it's in the air and he won't put on a mask."

"Think about what he did not do," Biden said, "and it's almost criminal."

"Trump acknowledged the dangers of the coronavirus pandemic in a February interview with Woodward and acknowledged his public downplaying of the threat in a March interview, according to an account of Woodward's new book."

"What he said about the virus early on, he understood better than he let on, when he was calling it a hoax. His delay, distortion and denial about the threat is responsible for many of the deaths and infections that we have today, not all of them, but many of them, could have been prevented," Nancy Pelosi said."

"Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington tweeted: "As Trump played it down, cases went UP, deaths went UP, unemployment went UP, evictions went UP, the number of uninsured went UP, the number of families at food banks went UP, and the number of businesses closing permanently went UP. His inaction led to devastation."

"Dr. Zeke Emanuel, a member of the Biden campaign’s coronavirus pandemic task force, also ripped Trump, telling MSNBC that "keeping America great is not ignoring catastrophic threats."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've always had a dismal view of trump, but since recently spending a week in a Covid ICU UNIT, , and going to be spending a long time recovering, you don't want to know what I think , and Know now

Trump has an agenda and he will do what ever it takes to fulfill this agenda. He does not care how many he kills, what it costs economically, or politically, as long as he gets what he wants. He will kill whom ever or what ever it takes, he does not care. He does not even care if he kills all his supporters or any others that get in his way.

The biggest danger to the world

And there are fools in this country willing to vote for the son of a bitch.

Trump is definitely despicable however Woodward should not have waited one minute much less 7 months to expose trump. He had a taped admission of trump's devious dangerous plan and regardless of how he thougt it would be accepted he should have tried to warn the public.

@Lorajay

Don't blame the messenger. Donald Trump is at fault.

Scientist, doctors and other intelligent people know Trump is lying.

Dispicable is right

It was only hitting ‘the liberal cities,’ so why not let them suffer and die? - fewer ‘blue votes!’

He’s beyond despicable, but then so are those planning to vote for him.. The dregs of humanity.

Varn Level 8 Sep 10, 2020

If an enemy had just launched an all-out war on your nation, would you downplay the danger to your people? It seems Trump would.

If they were Russian.

By all means, reelect him.

Even so, I distrust DJT much less than I distrust Uncle Joe and Kam. To defeat Trump, the Dems need a much more credible ticket.

No we don’t..

I looked at the very right-wing website National Review this morning and there were a lot of commenters trying to praise tRump's superior judgement -- keeping the US from panicking (by withholding the truth). Lol.😥

But even there, their resolve is slipping. It used to be that whenever any article or comment even hinted away from the party line, the NR commenters would come out pretty much in unison to shout them down. Now the opinion voices especially are a lot less forceful, almost muted. Ha, ha.😎

I am more surprised when he tells the truth frankly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532771
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.