Agnostic.com

5 0

Only one more generation to go and we'll soon be rid of this nightmare superstition called religion. But can the ecology of the planet hold out that long.

Aristippus 6 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know why you think it's going away - sounds like superstition to me. Science and history tell a very different story.

skado Level 9 Sep 10, 2020

A biologist tends to think in terms of geologic time. A thousand years is a snap of the fingers. The point I was trying to make is we don't have much time considering the rate of destruction of the planet. A little over a hundred years ago, before WWI, the human population was 1.5 billion. Now it's close to 8,000,000,000.

Humans need an epiphany or our beautiful planet will be unlivable in a few more human generations.

@Aristippus
WelI I agree with you there, but I don't see "religion" as the driver. I suspect it is just our nature.

Religion does seem to be headed for reduced memberships but I doubt it will go away. The answer to the planet's ecology is no.

I don't think it can. We have to speed up the process. Ideas?

Get shows like the atheist experience on to mainstream media, let the world see how theist have no answers how evil he bible is, how much damage religion does, and when churches and church people lie Prosecute them.

Doubtful. Best you can hope for is the continual watering down of religion. I think Christianity will continue to be watered down but we will have to deal with uprise of Islam.

Ugh.

Don't count on it. Ignorance is perpetual and these "teachings" will go on forever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.