Agnostic.com

2 4

A Whole Weekend Alone
I am listening to the sound of my CR-V in the driveway. It means that Brendan and Dee are leaving on their adventure for the weekend. There is a mini bike in the back of the Honda and who knows what else. Lia has also left to go home with her mom, so now begins my completely people -free weekend.
These days, I crave solitude like I used to crave hashish. Both are now difficult to come by in my life, so I will enjoy every little minute of these next two days.
I will indulge in very loud music and books on CD all over the house.
Oh dear, the car is still sitting in the driveway!

Spinliesel 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When they eventually do get out of the driveway....enjoy every minute of your own company! Do whatever you wish (or just nothing at all), play all your favourite music as loudly as you like and just generally be yourself...you deserve it! Have fun. 👌🤗

...you’ve just described my new favorite mode of existence.. Miss raising my little ones, but it’s a job that some day needs to end. Rarely miss my former wife, a good thing. Amplified my laptop to crank news of the fires back home … while playing solitaire yesterday.

Rocked out to Sammy Hagar (UnBoxed) with my headboard system during the night 😉 ...all after finishing a two day rewiring project in the garage that I’d occasionally wondered if ..I’d be better off with a wife occasionally ..checking on me. Oh the changes 🙂

Varn Level 8 Sep 11, 2020

Just why did you rewire your garage? Went from electricity to nuclear energy? I have some vague plans of rearranging the bathroom shelves, but we will see. Be happy!

@Spinliesel Unlike the home I’d built (and lost to divorce), the one I’ve got now, at least it’s stand alone garage, wasn’t up to my specs.. The workbench light went out, which sparked it’s replacement … and the grounded plugs were all ‘upside down,’ in my book … causing me to constantly flip cords to match the prong holes. Not no more 🙂 And, it’s outside spotlights now work! ...a two hour project turned into two days ..as happens.

@Varn Wow! I admire people who can do stuff like that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533292
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.