Agnostic.com

2 2

The Taoists observed that humans tend to act in ways that are counterproductive. And in their attempts to alter the natural way, they only make things worse. All these strivings, rules, ethics, values, surely are invented to benefit humanity. But according to the ancient Taoist sages, we should get rid of them all.

Honir 4 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The video is not playing but Being a Taoist, I do not think you understand what was being said.

Human creativity and to an extent human social evolution has always been based on the idea of looking at what is deemed unnatural or impossible and figuring out how to do it anyway.
Taoism on the other hand is a hypocritical extrapolation of the idea often expressed as
"If I was meant to fly, I would have been born with wings."
Which is easily countered with
"If you are meant to be a fuckwit, why were you born with a brain?"

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.