Agnostic.com

2 2

How do we know this is not a Christian Temple?

Merseyman1 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not familiar with these particular reliefs. How do we know it is not a Christian temple? The style of art to my untrained eye in the hindu religion appears to be about 200 years old and to be originated in India. How did I do?

The other thing is they appear to be having fun with out any evil overtones. If Christianity depicted this type of scene it would have a very dark theme and would suggest itmwas demons molesting unbelievers more than likely.

But really how close was I. I Specialize in Christian history so this is out of my expertise.

Because the figures seem to be female? Lol.😂
I'm not sure -- the one in the back on the left may be male (although they have a wasp waist) and the one in the middle on the right may be male (although they're pretty effeminate looking).
Christian hierarchy and art usually revolves around a male protagonist.Bleh.😝

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535769
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.