Agnostic.com

8 17

Dear Red States. We decided we're leaving.

Dear Red States:

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all of the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and Washington D.C. We also get Costco and Boeing.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all of the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Branson, Missouri.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states their fair share. Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their 's caskets coming home.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy League and Seven schools, plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 0 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 0 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and Rand Paul.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 62 percent of you believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/ and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Oh, and you can have all the new COVID- cases, since you're too dumb and self-centered to wear a mask.

Peace out,

We are the people of the Blue State.

By Lorrie Kruse.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing like living in a red state where people consistently vote against their own interests because a preacher told them to.

Well stated, when does this happen. Don't care just want to know.

@dalefvictor

It's satire. Sad but true.

@LiterateHiker today's satire could be tomorrow's reality. Remember way back when Ronald Reagan becoming president seemed like the stuff of farce? And sociopaths were in horror movies instead of the White House? Me too.

A great idea

I definitely need to move.

Quite the imagination but not too far fetched

Sounds good. Let me know where I can move to out of a red state to be good

Blue States have been supporting red States since the civil war. The military industrial complex, foreign investments and blue state tax dollars keep most red States from having economies like Mexico. The electoral college can be blamed for the conservative courts which keep us from progressing. Conservatives like Trump, Bush and Reagan can only be elected if voters are uneducated and or easily deceived

That's cruel. At least give them Hollywood, then with the preachers and evangelists, they get full control over the twaddle supply, and don't have to depend on imports for their main consumable.

@Fernapple

It's satire.

@LiterateHiker Hell with that, let us make it a reality.

@LiterateHiker Yes so is my answer, nearly.

@Fernapple Canada seems the best place to go. Sell my house, buy an RV and go. I have tools and skills, my wife is really sick and so there might be a problem with medical care. If we have to go they can have all the money I have if they take care of Kate. Get me a job and we are good.

@dalefvictor Best of luck, it must be hard to live in a country which provides little or no healthcare. I do not think that I would be here today if I had been born in America.

@Fernapple Maybe we can have nice things too, if we take musings like this seriously and dispense with the Reich Wing. I'd like to fully join the civilized world, moving to MA has been a good start.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.