Agnostic.com

3 0

Alcoholics

My daughters partner is an alcoholic. He won't accept or just will not see it, causing endless fights in the home. Do I kill him or ignore him ?

VAL3941 8 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a 24 year marriage with an alcoholic. In the ned, I was so exhausted that I was hoping he would kill himself. Those were desperate times. Alcoholism is a disease that has various ways to be handled, but there is a malfunction in the brain chemicals. Your son-in-law will die eventually, but that is not the goal, I hope. He can have treatment in a facility or go it alone or with a 12-step program. Tht's how my alcoholic husband did it. He is now sober for 18 years. It is all possible. Your daughter has to make up her mind if she wants to participate in his recovery. Be cause my husband did not change his character when he became sober,he started dating the women in his AA group. An asshole, just now a sober asshole. Do not involve yourself in his lifestyle.

I dont. If he wants to kill himself let him go ahead. My daughter must make up her own mind to, so I don't interfer. It is what it is !

Killing him would work,however that would give you an even bigger problem for you. Ignore him at your daughters peril,I can only recomend seek professionall advice . Alcoholics in denial work extra hard to try to hide their problems so that no one else can see them, but it seldom works. Also when they do have episodes of lost control, they can become belligerent, abusive, and even violent. The first thing to understand is that you cannot force anyone to get help. Overcoming alcoholism must be a personal decision that the alcoholic makes for him or herself, followed by willing participation in a proven treatment programme. Trying to force or manipulate someone to get treatment will likely only make things worse. Even if he does get help, the chances of treatment being successful with an unwilling patient are very low.Try to point out risk to health and their life, I wish you well I have seen this problem firsthand and know it can be overcome....

Sorry, that was a tongue in cheek question. He is beyond help and I just must accept him the way he is till the tine he wakes up to reality. Thanks anyway.

Help him out s also an option .why is he unhappy? Why does he feel the need to drink ?

Because he is an idiot, bottom line.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.