Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Private high schools will get free dual enrollment classes, and state colleges worry about the costs - Orlando Sentinel

Your thoughts on free dual enrollment for high schoolers? My Children's high school is pubic and offers the same program. Are we taking money from the colleges and that's a bad thing or do they charge enough already and this is better for the kids?

ashortbeauty 8 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think that students in private schools should get college courses for free -- unless it's being misinterpreted and the costs are actually part of the fees parents pay. Having spent my career in higher education, it's just a reality that each seat in each class brings in money for the institution. As states are paying less and less to support public colleges and universities, every penny counts. However, it seems to me that finding a way to encourage students through allowing high school students to take college courses without disadvantaging schools or cutting out students whose families don't have the means is ideal.

American colleges are profit orientated and will do what it always does. Raise the rates.

So, public school continue to pay while private schools get a free ride,wow. How is that fair to the public system? Seems to me that if you can afford to pay for a private schoolyou can afford to pay the colleges for their courses. Its like someone turned Florida into opposite world.

Isn't the controversey to do with god being cut out of school curriculum's or does it have to do with the common core.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.