Agnostic.com

8 13

Early surge of Democratic mail voting sparks worry inside GOP

Haha! Trump's attacks on mail-in voting have dissuaded Republicans, not Democrats.

By Amy Gardner and Josh Dawsey

September 29, 2020

"Democratic voters who have requested mail ballots — and returned them — greatly outnumber Republicans so far in key battleground states, causing alarm among GOP party leaders and strategists that President Trump’s attacks on mail voting could be hurting the party’s prospects to retain the White House and the Senate this year.

"Of the more than 9 million voters who requested mail ballots through Monday in Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Maine and Iowa, the five battleground states where such data is publicly available, 52 percent were Democrats. Twenty-eight percent were Republicans, and 20 percent were unaffiliated.

"Additional internal Democratic and Republican Party data obtained by The Washington Post shows a similar trend in Ohio, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Wisconsin.

"Even more alarming to some Republicans, Democrats are also returning their ballots at higher rates than GOP voters in two of those states where that information is available: Florida and North Carolina."

[washingtonpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have my mail ballot. Once I fill it in I'm driving it to the County Court Clerks office. I'm not trusting the mail so much lately.

@freeofgod

I plan to put my ballot in the official ballot drop-box.

After Republican mega-donor Louis DeJoy became postmaster general, on-time delivery rates plummeted in some regions.

[couriernewsroom.com]

@LiterateHiker it's taking from a week to over a month for in state mail that used to take 1 to 3 days max. That and the fact this area is flooded with rabid Trump fans, it wouldn't shock me if Trump's stirring the pot would get them to start dumping ballots

I'm not holding my breath. Still have bad memories from last election when it turned for the turd at the last minute.

@wolf041

Agreed. Trump has been a daily horror show.

"What fresh hell is this?" I think, steeling myself for the daily news.

Woohoo!! Ding ding ding...

great positive news

Was sweet when I voted 2 days ago, leaving, each ‘physically distanced’ early voter gave a smile or a wink! Our votes are in there!

Varn Level 8 Sep 30, 2020

Weird. I the UK mail votes are kept strictly secret and it is not even legal to report them, until after all the votes are counted.

We’ve ways of tracking other than counting. My current state keeps a running list of ‘who’ has voted, they’ll share it if you know how to make them.. We’ll compare voting patterns, or in other states, voter registration against the names. Lets us know who to stop calling or bugging, too 🙂

My previous State was the first to vote strictly by mail. I was an observer. Signatures were compared and the ballots, inside their secondary ‘security envelopes’ were simply readied for counting on election day, nothing was counted until the polls closed on election day.

The end is near for them

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 30, 2020

Great news!! Of course, there is already doubt put on them. My hope is for a landslide of in person as well as absentee ballots for Biden.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.