Agnostic.com

4 12

Another GOP stalwart leaps off the Trump train. Hilarious and apt.

By Aldous J. Pennyfarthing.

To be fair, the Trump Train is actually just a train wreck at this point, but we need all the help we can get.

Last night’s spectacle wasn’t a debate so much as two animal control guys attempting to remove a mad raccoon from your attic.

Donald Trump is a disgrace. Anyone who still supports him is a disgrace. Anyone who even considers voting for him is a disgrace. Full stop.

There shouldn’t be another debate unless Trump agrees ahead of time to be wheeled out on a dolly in a straitjacket and Hannibal Lecter mask. I mean, they should have stopped the Human Centipede series after the first movie, right? Same thing here essentially.

Anyway, that’s not the point of this post. The point is that yet another high-profile Republican has found Trump too noxious to stomach.

Missoulian:

Former Montana governor and Republican National Committee Chair Marc Racicot on Tuesday said he would not vote for President Donald Trump, citing Trump's character as fault enough to vote for Democrat challenger Joe Biden on Nov. 3.

Racicot, 72, shared the revelation in an interview with Brian Kahn, host of Home Ground, broadcast Tuesday evening on Yellowstone Public Radio. He offered up no specific praise for former Vice President Biden, but spoke of qualities such as patience, decency and openness to contrary opinion, qualities Racicot suggested are absent in the Trump administration, as the reason for voting against the Republican president.

"I regret that I will cause consternation perhaps in some corners, but even as a Republican, I will not be supporting Donald Trump for president, and I will not be voting for him," Racicot said. "That means I will be voting for Joe Biden for president. … I'm not going to march lockstep with him every step of the way or with the administration. I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience."

Thanks, man. This is literally the least you — or any Republican — can do, but we still appreciate it.

I have to admit, last night’s debate shook me a little. Now I’ll try to calm myself by cradling a warm, soothing cup of chamomile tea and watching the first 23 minutes of Saving Private Ryan with a Parmesan grater up my ass.

Good Lord, let this nightmare end.

Support Joe and donate and the rest of the boilerplate.

You know what to do.

[dailykos.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"two animal control guys attempting to remove a mad raccoon from your attic." I love it, you can turn a really good one liner.

Yes if Trump looses,there is not telling what presidential orders he will try,hope no one pays attention to them

I think we're approaching the narrow passage. I just read an article by Nate Silver at [fivethirtyeight.com] titled Trump’s Chances Are Dwindling. That Could Make Him Dangerous.

In this last month of the election, people's stress/pressure levels are going to rise and acts are going to become more extreme. Stay safe everyone.🤗

They need to be careful with that Parmesan grater. But glad to see the rats desert the sinking ship

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.