Agnostic.com

2 1

Message Malfunctioning

Hey, has anyone ever had a problem when trying to send personal messages, where the message you sent seems to disappear and there's no evidence that it was sent once you leave your inbox?

LifelongLearner 6 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Sometimes I don't get a notification...

I had this problem previously, but only with lengthy messages. At someone's recommendation, I started sending in smaller bits and haven't had the problem since. I suspect there is an unstated character limit or some such glitch in the code. Good luck.

There used to be a character countdown and it would cut off after that limit was reached, but I see that's gone now. The limit still exists, though, it's just that now the message disappears and doesn't send, so the user experience is much worse. I copy my message before sending it in case it's too long, then I send smaller increments as needed. I don't send many messages, though, so it isn't a terrible inconvenience for me — but I suspect some people find it rather frustrating.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.