Agnostic.com

6 0

Do believers intentionally act stupid when talking with an atheist, to anger them, so they can pull the "you are just angry card"?

In my experiences debating god believers, they tend to not answer questions and avoid reason, and repeat the same mantra such as , so you think we came from nothing, or you will see when you die. or look at the trees, mentality.

MichaelSpinler 8 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They don't act stupid, they are stupid.

I have never noticed such behavior. Maybe because I don't get angry. I rather feel sorry for their fear of logic. A gentle heart is required in dealing with such people, never anger.

It's programming, not stupidity. I have a lot of very religious friends, many of them are considerably smarter than the average Atheist and more educated. Trust me when I say it's not an act. They have a way of blocking out certain aspects of reality. I call it zombie brain because they act like that part of their mind has been eaten away, and they want to eat that part of my brain out. The anger card is just another taught mechanism they use to justify why I don't believe.

I don't think that it is intentional as most Christians I believe have never really questioned their own beliefs and are simply shocked that you do not share the beliefs they have, and therefore struggle to make a valid argument to what they see is an irrational argument

A lot of religious people sound stupid because they're playing by a completely different rule book when they argue. Arguments don't need to be rational or logical because the arguments defend God, and that's all that matters. They walk into arguments with an understanding that you're wrong, God is real, one day you'll "grow up" and realize this truth, and that whatever you're saying is just unfortunate misgivings that have led you astray. Whether or not they sound stupid isn't a concern because they already know that they're right anyway.

I think some people need religion to make things make sense to them. That is what they were taught and I actually believe that if most of them had to actually consider outside of what they were taught they would be lost.

I think it is pretty common for most ppl to not be able to see any other point of view once they have claimed one either from brainwashing or learning. How many adults consider the small intricacies of the learning process kids go through? What as an adult is common knowledge or common sense was all learned. Sometimes it is hard to change or to look back. Most ppl seem to like consistency. Some ppl fight change so hard it makes their teeth grind.

DeiP Level 5 Oct 2, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.