Agnostic.com

9 10

Anyone else making Christmas gifts?

Fini! Got Shane's name done. What a relief.

The "A" got away from me. Trying to embroider a slanted line, the stitches kept curving. Nearly tore it out. "Leave it. It will look better surrounded by other letters," I thought. It does.

I did a riff on Bookman Old Style, a manly font.

Next up is making white French knots to look like it's snowing on the Christmas stocking. That will be fun.

In November, I will embroider Claire's name on a new stocking. groan.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I make jewelry for some of my relatives. Precious stone beads can be had pretty inexpensively on Ebay. This year I have been making masks, but hadn't considered giving them out for Christmas.

Deb57 Level 8 Oct 11, 2020

Now that I'm single again I don't have anyone to give christmas gifts to. It's very liberating.

I don't have a crafty bone in my body, but I do have some skills in the kitchen. I make candies and cookies and whatnot as my Christmas gifts. I abhor the materialism of the Holiday and have found my family and friends look more forward to my treats than they do anything I could afford to buy for them.

No, but what you did is really nice 🙂

A lot better than I ever could!

Wait- you're thinking about Xmas and it's not even Halloween yet?

I have to file a report with the Holiday Police. I'm sorry, but that's a violation of code XT9-77R, "Separation of Holidays Act".

It is wayyyy too early for that stuff. 😀

@Paul4747

Very funny!

It took two to four hours to embroider each letter.

From experience, I know how long it takes.

If I left it to the last minute I'd commit Hari Kari with a seam ripper.

In my teens, I learned not to procrastinate. I like to plan ahead.

@LiterateHiker I have a saying that I use on occasions like holidays, birthdays, deadlines, whatever-

"It's not the last minute yet!"

Monies been working well for me, and I suppose ‘I made it’ … but we call it Solstice ..Daughters like it, as it comes earlier 🙂

Varn Level 8 Oct 10, 2020

Not this year. I won't finish the crochet shell for my daughter in time so it's probably going to be a Valentine's thing....

You are keeping Busy,good for you,,we have really scaled back on gifts ,back to basics ,everyone has everything ,so keeping it to gift cards etc and you can buy your own what you need,But still have a great family get together and Christmas ùdinner ,but still plenty of gifts for the kids and grandchildren

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.