Agnostic.com

2 1

Hoping the FBI is literally "into" this Crowd:
[alternet.org]

BirdMan1 8 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once again I encounter a news source I've never heard of before. So my natural inclination to research its background. No judgemrnt. Just sharing my research.

Overall, we rate AlterNet far Left Biased based on story selection and wording that always favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed fact check as well as the promotion of pseudoscience.

Detailed Report
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

AlterNet is a liberal activist news service and is a project of the non-profit Independent Media Institute that Launched in 1998. According to their about page “AlterNet has developed a unique model of journalism to confront the failures of corporate media, as well as the vitriol and disinformation of right-wing media, especially “hate talk” media.” The current editor is Roxanne Cooper.

In 2018, AlterNet was bought by the owners of the left-leaning Raw Story under the newly created company AlterNet Media. According to John Byrne, who is one of the owners of Raw Story, “AlterNet will continue to carry content from the Independent Media Institute, its prior owner.” According to Fairness.com the “Independent Media Institute has served the public through the creation and distribution of content about political and social issues
Funded by / Ownership

AlterNet is owned by the owners of Raw Story under the name AlterNet Media. The website is funded through online advertising

[google.com]

The issue is the validity of what is being reported, not the life of the messenger!
Rupert Murdoch reportedly wanted to come out for Obama, in 2008, but Roger Ailles told him it would not be good for business. As much as I detest the man's legacy, had Murdoch come out for Obama, I would not have had to question his awful credentials!

@BirdMan1

Not challenging the source. I just like to know the background of the sources I encounter. I know others do as well. One of the problem in this political environment is the propensity for people to not check the credibility of their sources. I do not choose to be guilty of same.

Lots of ''sword rattling'' going on now, isn't there?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.