Agnostic.com

0 3

Yet ANOTHER reason Donald J. Trump is unfit for office (as if we needed more); When international observers from the OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe) worry about the integrity of elections in America.

The United States of America, which was once considered the gold standard for election fairness, the model of how to run your elections, is under international scrutiny in case our Supreme Leader- I do beg your pardon, the incumbent candidate- and his party attempt to manipulate the vote, or refuse to hand over power if the vote goes against him.

From an article in the Washington Post [washingtonpost.com]:

As fears rise about voter suppression, violence and a potentially contested outcome in the United States, the Europeans say they hope their efforts will help assure Americans the vote is legitimate.
“This is one of the most important elections we have ever observed as the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly,” said Roberto Montella, secretary general of the group, which will dispatch 59 lawmakers and a staff of 16 to monitor voting in 10 states and the District of Columbia.
“One of the reasons is that this is the first time in my recollection that the incumbent cries foul before the competition actually takes place and before the outcome is known,” Montella added.

This is how elections go in Russia. This is how elections happen in banana republics and new democracies that have never had one before.

This is not how it's supposed to go in the United States of America.

Donald Trump, and those who enable him, are poison. They are endangering our democracy, and our very nation. Four more years of Trump will turn America into a Third World nation with a tinpot dictator at the helm, ravaged by pandemic and at the mercy of the right-wing thugs that he refuses to believe exist. I truly believe this.

THEY HAVE TO GO.

GET OUT AND VOTE.

Paul4747 8 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545867