Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK When Dark Matter Goes Dark: New Research Suggests There May Be More than One Way to Form a Galaxy - TheHumanist.com

Researchers believe that this galaxy, which resides about 65 million light-years away, could be key in figuring out if galaxies can form in more than one way. This finding also challenges theories that attempt to disprove dark matter and may lead astrophysicists one step closer to proving the existence of dark matter.

One alternative hypothesis to dark matter is Modified Newtonian Dynamics, or MOND. It presents a modified law of gravity in an attempt to explain the gravitational inconsistencies observed in the movement of some galaxies.

zblaze 7 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting topic.

Poor term.before I leave this life!

The subject is one that I have great interest in and hope they come closer to making a discovery before I leave this planet. I believe the universe and all it's glory does not receieve the schooloing it should and as a result these children of today do not give it the proper respect they.should.

Do you really think that you are going to "leave this planet"?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54589
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.