Agnostic.com

2 0

Subject: EISENHOWER WAS RIGHT

Subject: EISENHOWER WAS RIGHT

When I was a kid, I couldn't understand why Eisenhower was so popular. Maybe this will explain why

General Eisenhower Warned Us.

It is a matter of history that when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect ...

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bstrd will get up and say that this never happened'

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 70 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the, six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while many in the world looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 400 million people! Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center 'NEVER HAPPENED'?

Because it offends some Muslims???

Do not just delete this message; it will take only a minute to pass this along.

Remember when all classrooms had an American flag in them?

Do they even teach our children about the World Trade Center attacks in 1993 and 2001, or did it go the way of Pearl Harbor and Veterans Day?

Don't even mention Christmas or prayers in school. Many schools no longer recite the Pledge of Allegiance and many children do not know the words to our National Anthem, or that we even have one!

Do not just delete this message; it will take only a minute to pass this along.

dave1459 8 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Okay, I was... kind of with you up until it turned into a right-wing "put prayer back in schools, war on Christmas, fly the flag from your pickup window" screed.

History is history. It has nothing to do with reciting the pledge of allegiance in school. For that matter, the pledge I recited as a boy was unhistorical; it had the words "under God" as added during the Eisenhower administration, compared to the original which simply said, "one nation, indivisible". Ironic that you hold up Ike as a defender of history on one hand while he did not respect tradition on the other.

And pretending that Holocaust denial is all due to Muslims is frankly just... well, someone has their head up their ass. From George Lincoln Rockwell to David Duke to Arthur Butz, there are, sadly, plenty of Holocaust deniers right here in the good ol' US of A. Here's a list. [en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, I won't be forwarding this email.

Thanks for doing my homework 😀

@Varn Np Varn, happy to help.

@dave1459

the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred

So, how is that not about Muslims? And it says right in the post that it is an email. "This e-mail is intended to reach 400 million people! Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world."

When you present an entire argument, I will consider the entire argument. And I agree that history must be remembered and studied; after all, that's my degree. I would be a damn poor historian if I didn't agree with that.

But naming a single religious group, twice, without mentioning any others that you could have named- for example, the 9/11 deniers and conspiracy theorists right here in America- comes across as an anti-Muslim screed. And if that was not your intent, nevertheless you did a hell of a good job making it look that way.

@dave1459 No, the comment was not limited to the UK debate. You go on to implicate Muslims in further revisionist history and denial.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center 'NEVER HAPPENED'?
Because it offends some Muslims???

You accuse me of taking comments out of context, but you take my introductory comment out of its context. Well played. Hypocritical, but well played. Let's see that full paragraph again:

And pretending that Holocaust denial is all due to Muslims is frankly just... well, someone has their head up their ass. From George Lincoln Rockwell to David Duke to Arthur Butz, there are, sadly, plenty of Holocaust deniers right here in the good ol' US of A. Here's a list. [en.wikipedia.org]

Since Muslims are the only group mentioned in your post as being the reason behind Holocaust denial or revisionist history, and mentioned twice, can you see how it comes across as an anti-Muslim post?

I can beleive it, but what is your source. Could just as easily be a false conspiracy theory.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.