Agnostic.com

2 2

From the article...

"During a campaign rally in Wisconsin, President Donald Trump questioned the reported numbers of COVID-19 cases and deaths in the U.S. by describing a purported “incentive” to report cases and deaths, because “doctors get more money and hospitals get more money.”

I dont' know how doctors and hospitals are supposed to make money by claiming more deaths. Logically they'd lose business by inflating death rates.

snytiger6 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anything to deflect some blame from himself.

The Coronavirus relief legislation added a premium/add-on for medicare patients. Under Medicare, the typical pneumonia case pays a group lump sum of about $5,000. If it's pneumonia from/with covid, the group lump sum jumps to $13,000. If they require a ventilator then the lump sum jumps to $39,000 per medicare patient.

It's typical hospital booking to get the most money for their service, except they can do it with the government rather than insurance companies now.

Do you know anything about medicine?

Unless a patient tests positive for Covid, they don't have Covid and won't be diagnosed with it or reported as a case. It's that simple.

Reporting a case of Covid is not like suspecting pneumonia, when it turns out to be bronchitis. There's a test. It can be verif....

Never mind, I forgot I was replying to a brick wall.

@Paul4747 It's a matter of paperwork.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.