Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Obama asks why Trump is bragging about support from dictators

After Trump suggested it's a good thing that authoritarian leaders prefer him to Biden, Obama tried to explain why that's not something to brag about.

snytiger6 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have had less war and American deaths since Trump has been in office. I’d think Obama should rather ask for advice. We’re obviously doing better under Trump.

Almost seems like Obama has an agenda.

We've had 223,000 American deaths in the war against Covid. That's more than every war except for the Civil War and WW2 combined.

Trump called himself a wartime president, yet you, his fans, refuse to hold him accountable for his failure. He refuses to listen to his generals; in this case, the doctors. He's more interested in getting himself reelected than n how many Americans die on his watch.

America has 4% of the world's population. We've suffered 20% of the world's deaths due to covid-19. What accounts for this if not the failure of our leadership to set a policy and set an example? Trump abdicated the leadership to the states, and then tried to blame the governors for doing what he refused to do; taking measures to prevent the spread of the virus.

You have never responded to these statistics. Because there's no response.

Trump has ceded influence in the Middle East to Syria, Turkey and Russia and to his good friends, Erdogan and Putin, by pulling out a large proportion of our troops (incidentally leaving our Kurdish allies in Syria hung out to dry). Fewer troops engaged means lower casualties. It's not hard to understand. It also means we're losing that theater.

And I believe I read you saying you're a veteran. In that case, I fail to understand your complete lack of outrage at Trump's giving a pass to Russia's handing out bounties on Coalition troops- American troops- in Afghanistan. But I guess your party affiliation means more to you than your former brothers in arms. Thanks for your service from a fellow vet.

@Paul4747 That wasn't proven, but many countries/adversaries have done that in the past. That one just made the news. Even if it is true, it's not supprising.

@CourtJester It's proven to the satisfaction of our intelligence assessment. Is it surprising that Trump treats Russia as an ally knowing they have done it?

Would you have had the same reaction if Obama were president and he failed to call Putin on the carpet over it? Can you honestly say you would be shrugging it off with "lots of countries have done it"?

Dictators are his only supporters.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.