Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Morning in America or mourning in America? | Spectator USA

"In the countdown to Election Day, the two campaigns are taking starkly different approaches.

Joe Biden is sitting on a lead in the polls, trying to run out the clock, while Donald Trump is making a frenzied dash for the finish line, selling optimism.

Both strategies make sense.

Like a football team leading in the final quarter, Biden’s goal is simply to keep the clock ticking down to zero. Nothing fancy. Just avoid mistakes and prevent the other team from getting the ball back.

To avoid those mistakes, Biden is rarely leaving his basement. When he does, his goal is less to rouse voters than to prove he’s still alive and capable of traveling across state lines. He speaks to small crowds and says whatever’s on the teleprompter. He avoids impromptu comments, where he repeatedly makes unforced errors, and refuses to hold press conferences, where he might face hard questions.

Avoiding press conferences has been easy. The COVID crisis has been a perfect excuse for Biden and Kamala Harris, his vice presidential candidate. Harris has not given a press conference since she was named several months ago. Joe has given very few and almost none recently. The supine media hasn’t pressed them."

WilliamCharles 8 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes things are getting better every day.

I don’t know. I don’t trust the numbers. Hillary was a shoe in 4 years ago with a 98% chance of winning. I’m thinking that Trump is doing what he enjoys; getting out and talking. Being the center of attention. Exciting people with his presence. The guy just enjoys that shit. It’s fun time for him, and he’s good at it.

The democrats have moved ‘their’ money from Biden to the senate and Congressional races. He still has a lot in his personal chest though. But there’s a reason for that. They have their own super pacs, but the democrat party has moved away from the president to the senate and Congress. That is particularly interesting.

Trump is pulling in thousands of people at his rallies. Joe is pushing the Covid crisis and setting up for 50 people and pulling in 20 people to talk to. Bon jovi played a concert to 12 people a week or two ago at a Biden rally. 12 whole people........ Last week Obama went out to speak for joe and (I’d think I halfway recall the number, but it was stupid low and not but exact) I don’t think even he had more than 200 ppl. Obama!!! He is a great speaker. I hate to admit it, but I voted for him on his first run. But under 200??? Shit. That’s a real show of enthusiasm. Trump has 3,000 that make it in and 10,000 watching on big screens outside. Trump has had rallies with far more than that inside and outside prior to Covid. It’s nuts.

Trump is doing what Obama did in 2009 and people are on board with it. He’s just doing it at a higher level multiple times a day. Three and four rallies a day.Pretty bad ass for a guy of his age.

It’s in the tea leaves.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.