Agnostic.com

9 0

What if black holes are like universe vacuums? Meaning that everything that a black hole consumes is expelled somewhere else in the form of a "big bang"

Ryanjames 3 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did ponder that for some time.

Others have posted about how the growth of black holes implies matter doesn't "slip off to elsewhere" from them, so I'll let that topic rest. I was wondering about your knowledge at the largest scale of the universe. Have you heard of the Great Attractor? The Vela Cluster? If not, read up on those and see if you might suspect, as I do, that somewhere out there, the Big Crunch is already underway.

No I haven't. I'll em out. Thanks

I have had that same thought. All that matter has to go somewhere. Of course l an old drummer, so what do l know.

Also called the White Hole Hypothesis. Basically the opposite of a black hole, a hole raditing an abundance of energy in an alternate universe or as a sort of work hole. So far no evidence to support it. Probably won't be in our life times.

If the matter is expelled to another universe the black hole would lose mass to the other universe as well hence losing mass in this universe which is not observed. When matter is swallowed in a black hole its mass increases. Also a black hole is no more a vacuum than say a sun of equal mass for example, if our sun suddenly collapsed into itself as a black hole the orbits of our solar system would not change since the mass of the black hole would be equal to the sun.

I don't think black holes actually eject matter but rather some matter gets so overheated before it plunges pass the even horizon that it emits x-ray radiation. Any matter (even light photons) that passes the event horizon (meaning it has been swallowed by the black hole) cannot re-emerge.

Don't see any validity in the theory.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 10, 2018

They accumulate more and more mass. They don't lead to anything. Probably.

Black holes, as far as we know do not expel anything, apart from Hawking radiation, . What does universe vacuums mean ?

It's an idea that's been considered, but as of yet there is no evidence to support it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.