Agnostic.com

3 3

Oh, lookee. RT saying USA is not democratic! Why?

America, if your prisoners canโ€™t vote, you canโ€™t lecture the world on democracy [rt.com]
And especially for @BarJoe & his mates the above linked article is qualified by the following statement: "The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RT."

๐Ÿ˜

FrayedBear 9 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Until all compis mentis citizen's can vote that the presenting candidates are not fit to represent them you do not have democracy.

Even without reading the article I can agree, The USA like the UK and various other western countries has only a pretense at democracy.
The best that can be said is that they are a representative democracy in some cases, a first past the post system in others, but the USA with it's misnomered "Electoral college" is the worst of them all.
To call a system democratic where you vote to instruct a voter or collection of voters how to vote on your behalf, but they do not have to take your advice and can vote how they please regardless of the popular vote is to put it mildly fucking insane.
The only thing more insane is that the voters themselves do not object to this system and willingly participate in it each and every four years.

It sucks that I live in a red state (Georgia) so my vote in the presidential election has never counted. I could have just not voted and it would have had the same impact. And this happens all over the country thanks to the electoral system we have.

@Charles1971 have a read of or listen to:
[ted.com]

By now most educated people understand America is a failed democracy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.