Agnostic.com

4 0

Anyone for a what if quiz?

What do you think will result in the greatest number of suicides?

What will result in a greater number -

• 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
FrayedBear 9 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

C19 and tRump overlap as causes for suicide.

How can that be. Trump didn't win or create C19.

@FrayedBear tRump exacerbated the spread of COVID-19 and spread misinformation about it. And hasn't yet come straight out and told his followers he lost, instead encouraging them to keep acting out - even during his impeachment trial. Trust me, plenty of people are depressed and embarrassed by his actions.

Covid 19

I wonder how many flu or black plague inspired suicides occurred?

@FrayedBear "Spanish flu" probably quite a lot because people were put into lockdown without much information. Black Death and similar plagues probably few but then you have cases like Eyam .. I'd better post this ... but the church has so much influence.

Well, Trump most likely isn't going to win, so count those suicides out. If Biden wins, I don't think right wingers would kill themselves. They will get angry and want to kill others. So I went with Covid-19 despair.

Logic is rare with suicide.

@FrayedBear .....but if the criteria mentioned aren't the logical triggers for a specific suicide then how can any of them be attributed as such? Can you attribute a suicide to the likely criteria of despair of Trump winning the election even though he didn't? If someone kills themselves before the election is official, can Trump winning be the reason, or is it the despair from THINKING Trump is going to win? If that's the case then the actual outcome isn't accurate with the criteria for this question based on logic. So which criteria of the 3 does it get attributed to? And is it accurate in your view?

Also, maybe one of the suicides was because someone ran out of their favorite cereal the morning of the definitive results of the election and they can't afford another box because they just lost their job and that puts them over the edge. Can that be attributed to either candidate winning or to Covid layoffs? Maybe they lost the company $3,000,000 with a huge mistake when they accidentally set fire to a huge bundle of merchandise, but they were also sad that Biden won.

I'm saying all this because there has to be logic when dealing with this question. You can't just say there is rarely logic involved in committing suicide and also ask a question based on a set criteria of triggers attributed to a person's suicide. If you can't eliminate certain criteria based on logic then what's the point of the question in trying to come to a most accurate possibility? If you can't ascertain the reason through logic then you can't attribute it to a likely criteria in the poll above. Then it becomes a guess and it's not as accurate a poll or study as it should or could be. There is always a most likely or even a certain reason.

Or I could have just been reading into this poll too much lol 😀

In which case, if it's just a hypothetical then I would actually say Trump winning would probably factor for more suicides because that includes Covid despair from people thinking he handled it horribly.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I thought that the word "will" indicated speculation of future eventuallity. So yes I think that you missed that clue. Your alternative reasonings are speculative andagainnfuturistic. In this quiz you are only given 3 options and no avenue for alternative. And anyway if more people choose to suicide than allow say terminal cancer it matters naught because this quiz only asks you to consider the 3 given options.
Thanks for your opinion & reasons.

@FrayedBear I was basically just talking about the "rarely logical" comment, but as for the main topic, yeah, I didn't want to delete everything I typed so I just went with it lol

Hopefully the whole kit and caboodle will take their wounded dignity,leave and create their own little piece of racist paradise elsewhere.

You have had lots of those over the centuries. Dome like the Amish & Mormons have survived other like Waco & Georgetown didn't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550093
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.