Agnostic.com

6 12

We're no longer gloomscrolling. Now we're gleefreshing.

Today my shoulders gradually unwound after learning Joe Biden/Kamala Harris won the election. Alternating astonishment ("I can't believe it!" ) with spontaneous grins. After four years of daily horror with the Trump presidency- our national nightmare- it will take days for me to relax. Love this funny article.

By HEATHER SCHWEDEL

What's the opposite of gloomscrolling? Why, it's gleefreshing!

I think we may need a new word for this behavior. Youths, I am told, speak of “hopium” and “copium,” but we need a word that incorporates the never-ending mainlining of information as well as the positive or negative cast of that information. I humbly submit: gleefreshing.

If you’ve been reflexively reloading news sites but with anticipation rather than dread, then you, my friend, are gleefreshing. If you clicked “play” on videos of people dancing in the streets of Philadelphia and/or sent Gritty or It’s Always Sunny memes to friends and don’t have any plans to stop doing so any time soon, that too is gleefreshing.

If you can’t get enough speculation about exactly how miserable Donald Trump is right now, you’re kind of a sadist, but yup, you’re gleefreshing. If you’re fully prepared to sit and wait for the next batch of 10,000 votes to come in while giggling at your screen, you’re in for an evening of gleefreshing. And you really should enjoy it while it lasts.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've gone from stress Overeating to celebratory Overeating

I certainly appear to be gleefreshing right now

You are so much more optimistic than I! 😉

I can't stand cheesy invented words, but I do like cheese. The nacho is stale. I can't wait to see what Kamala does in office!

I dunno. I'm still watching warily for the next move out of the White House. He's not going gracefully.

Hopefully his closest friends (well, associates; Trump doesn't really have friends as such) are explaining to him that he doesn't want to go down in history as the first president to be forcibly removed from power. But past evidence suggests that he stops listening once someone starts telling him something that goes against what he wants to hear.

I think that the next 60 days will be the most terrifying with all the possibilities of havoc trump can unleash from war to urging his racist followers to cause domestic unrest.

I am gleefreshing

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.