Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK What Is the Safest Metabolism Booster? - YouTube

An easy, safe weight loss method:

Drinking 2 cups of water gives a 60% surge in noradrenaline for (article published in the Journal of the Endocrine Society) for over 90 minutes, which increases metabolic rate by 30%. The increase occurs within 10 minutes and reaches a maximum after 30-40 minutes, which burns an extra 25 calories with corresponding weight loss.

Caution do not drink more than 2 cups of water at a time, it is dangerous.

EdEarl 8 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Riiiiggghhhhtttttttt.......

The video did not explain why drinking water does what it does, so i will explain two reasons why it may have the effect of helping with weight loss.

1. The water you drink is at a lower temperature than your body, which means your body must increase the temperature of that water. Each cc of water requires 1 joule of heat to increase its temperature 1C. There are 236 cc per cup of water, eight cups of water equals 1888 cc; which burns 1888 joules of heat per degree C. You raise water about 10C that you drink; that's 10*1888=18,880 joules. Joules convert to calories as joules/4184, which means 18,880/4184 equals about 4.5 calories. That's not much, but it isn't the only phenomenon working,

2. Drinking water flushes chemicals from your body, including but not limited to salt and protein. Protein contains calories and whatever you lose in pee cannot be used by your body. IDK how much effect this has. Doctors have recommended to diabetics to drink a gallon of water a day but did not explain to me why they made the recommendation. This research helps explain why drinking a gallon of water a day is good for diabetics, who are often overweight.

You are skeptical, which is smart. However, Dr. Greger is an MD, citing research done my others, peer reviewed and published. The water is almost free, and the only change one needs to make is drinking two cups four times a day, instead of sipping all day long.

Considering your protest of peer reviewed scientific research, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of your religious rant.

@EdEarl "religious rant"???? Maybe time to drink some water, your brain is not working....
And as a diabetic since 1992, from a family of diabetics, I/we have never been told to drink that much water daily...in fact, it is possible to drink too much water & put yourself in the hospital because of it.

@AnneWimsey I was diabetic for about 20 years, and prediabetic for many years before. I cured my diabetes via my diet. During the latest hospital stay, doctors removed stopped my metformin, and my glucose measurements show it is has remained normal, for a year without medication. My doctors did tell me to drink a gallon of water daily.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.