Agnostic.com

25 28

For 30 years i believed what the bible said about homosexuality and that people that practiced it were going to hell. About 4 years ago, I left the faith. Recently, My daughter came out to me as bisexual. I must admit that it was a little uncomfortable to talk about it mainly due to my upbringing in the church. I told her that it didn't matter to me. There is still a part of me that feels guilty for not condemning her to be honest but i know that i need to work on that and i know i'm wrong to feel that way. That got me to thinking. I love my kids and would do anything for them. I don't think there would be anything they could do or say that would make me want to put them in eternal punishment. Even if they did me wrong and treated me poorly i would always want the best for them and love them and would consider it my fault as a parent if they went down the wrong path.

I see clearly how much bullshit it is to have a god that will send people that he made to hell. If god made us and he made us to like sin then he must be a pretty bad person to make us a certain way and punish us for acting out

abyers1970 7 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments (26 - 25)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.