Agnostic.com

7 0

What is an agnostics life purpose if there is nothing after death?

Count 5 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"You don't find purpose, because there is no purpose pre-ordained. You make your own purpose of your life. There is no ultimate purpose. I know, that feels like a huge slap on the face like most truths. Every morning you wake up, you will have to reinvigorate your purpose. You are free to change your purpose, you are free to not have any purpose. You are responsible for every thing your brain produces even though you have no control over most of them. You are mostly responsible for every action you make with your conscious, unconscious or subconscious mind. Yes.. Life is scary. But it's better not to live delusionally but to face it. You were not alive on this mother earth for billions of years.. you won't be alive on this universe filled with joy and distress for more than trillions of years.. So, the less than 100 years you got, don't waste.. enjoy and live.. if you can have a purpose and propagate that in human culture, that's a plus.. Even though there's only one earth physically, but actually the number of perceived earth and the number of human brains are equal. If the purpose you think about is dictated by someone else, you are doomed. So.. You need to open your heart and reach other people who have purpose in their lives to learn and live and probably get a reference. And then.. you probably make your very own purpose. And be happy that you are alive. Pinch yourself to verify. You can either feel scared how little and insignificant you are amidst of the billions of exploding stars or you can think that you yourself are a stardust meaning you are part of everything. Every urge you have to eat, sleep, fuck are evolutionarily designed into you. Learn how to deal with it with good examples from others who lived meaningfully.. But eventually you will have to live on your own. Miserably if you choose wrong, meaningfully if you can make a purpose of your own and strive to be happy and productive. Existentialism at its core, but not ridiculing nihilists too. Hail to Sartre and Nietzsche. And blue is the warmest color."

• this is an old post from my blog.
    If u want to read more about my thoughts.. 🙂
    [experience] and brace.wordpress.com

Very nicely written. Thank you.

This question is contradictory, first answer the folowing question : what's the purpose of life ?

Agnosticism means not knowing, so the only answer it can give is "I don't know". Ask that in Metaphysical Naturalism, or Humanism, or any other proper philosofical system. I suggest starting from Crash Course: Philosophy on youtube, it has great insights on your question.

What's the purpose of this life if there's a much better one after death?

or: what is the purpose of afterlife if there is nothing after that?

To propagate the DNA of our species. Because we have evolved into more complex creatures than single-celled organisms, our needs that promote reproduction have also become more complex: society, science, art, culture, empathy for others, etc.

For myself, The meaning of life is to give life a meaning...
Myth Level 2 Apr 11, 2018

Life.

skado Level 9 Apr 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.