Agnostic.com

12 0

Are you happy where you work?

Okay so the question is a little more in depth than the title suggests but what I want to know is this: When you're at work, do you find yourself satisfied with the work you're doing? Do you think you are getting paid enough to do the work you're doing? Do you find yourself suitably mentally and/or physically challenged to perform your job? How does your current job compare to your dream job in relation to pay, enjoyment, work environment and satisfaction?

I'll answer down below.

JohnnyMiller 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I found my dream job to help students at a community college to learn ASL in the Lab room. No papers to grade. A lot of my co-workers are fluent in American Sign Language too, so that is always a plus! I just now have to find a new place to live closer to the campus. I am a Jill of all Trades and do a lot of gigs -- my passion is organizing people's homes/offices. I JUST LOVE ORGANIZING clutter and see people's facial expression glow with awe afterward. Trouble is finding more customers.

No, but it's not a forever job and pays the bills so I'll survive.

When you're at work, do you find yourself satisfied with the work you're doing?

• More often than not.

Do you think you are getting paid enough to do the work you're doing?
-Yes or I'd be retired already.

Do you find yourself suitably mentally and/or physically challenged to perform your job?

• I work from home and fly to the client site once a month or so. Not physically challenging at all. The job is somewhat mentally challenging but pretty easy compared to my previous jobs.

How does your current job compare to your dream job in relation to pay, enjoyment, work environment and satisfaction?

• I'm ready to retire early, probably as soon as this gig is over. I had my dream job 20 years ago, but my dreams have changed over the years. I'm ready to retire or at least take a year or two off.

There is work and there are jobs. I have both. To me, work is getting something done, whether paid or not. I know some lucky people get paid to do what they like doing. For me, the job is the one that I would drop if I wasn't getting paid. That said, I do try and make the most of my jobs, do them my way and try and yield results of importance to me. Some of what I get paid for, I shouldn't really be paid for, other things I am underpaid by about a factor of 20.

I am very satisfied with the work I do. The salary is decent and I am mentally and physically challenged every day. I teach grades 9 - 11 computer science and business applications. Yes, this is my dream job!

People who are living their dream job are the most lucky ones.

I dream for a living. I'm allowed to say that, being an artist and all, lol.

Work? I don't even consider what I do a job it is more of a lifestyle. I am always mentally and physically challenged by it. As to getting paid enough for it, no I am not but, money has never been my motive. This may very well be my dream job as I truly love it, am more than satisfied by it and I do make enough to live quite well. I doubt that I will ever retire unless physical health problem prevent me from doing it.

I worked at the same place for 20 years until my retirement. For the first 10 or 15 years I really enjoyed it, was challenged by it, and it was very suited to my personality. I travelled a lot, and dealt with lots of different people, both within the company and without. The last few years, however, got worse and worse. I dealt with fewer people within the company who I considered friends (because of downsizing) and the morale and spirit within the company became less and less, and the challenges became a little too great. At the end, it was just something to put up with and get through until retirement.

Very. I am fortunate. I have two professional careers and love them both

For the most part I am satisfied. I feel like I am making a genuine contribution to the company and not just a cog in the wheel. I believe my coworkers and the company owners appreciate me. It’s a small company with less than 10 employees and I much prefer working in this sized organization.

We work closely with law enforcement and while I do believe the vast majority of cops are good, I am realistic and know that just like any profession, there are going to be some shitty ones. Most of the other employees have a “cops can do no wrong” attitude. So that can make me uncomfortable at times.

But I also know I’ll probably only be here for another year and a half and then I’ll most likely move after my daughter graduates. This job has given me a lot of valuable skills for my profession that I hope/think will help me when I move on.

Yes, l play music. It is my dream job. I like bars, so l like my environment. It hasn't always paid enough, but it has been worth the tradeoff.

Talking from my past experiences I enjoyed my work was paid fine but then made redundant took time off travelling and now love to be free and independent and am looking to work online so that I can travel which I enjoyed the most

Rosh Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I recently started a new job. I apparently ended up swapping out a stressful and physically demanding work environment for a very simple one at over twice my previous pay. I'm not really satisfied with my job because I'm now hauling fracking sand to oilwell sites in Oklahoma which is no doubt contributing to the earthquakes we are experiencing but the pay is better than just about anything else I've ever done. I don't find my job mentally stimulating at all because it's just driving and waiting but it does give me free time to listen to audiobooks and otherwise engage my mind in other areas. I work night shift now which is much less stressfull due to less traffic and a smaller impact on my nightowl sleep patterns as it is. As far as comparing to my dream job I would have to say it doesn't. My dream job was to be a green inventor. Basically come up with a green way to do something and have it replace something done with fossil fuels. I've had tons of ideas but sadly have never had the capital to do any of it more than just a micro sized proof it could be done. I love being mentally challenged but as a big guy I'm not big on physically demanding work which I need to change but it is what it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.