Agnostic.com

2 10

Finished this Christmas stocking for daughter Claire.

"I have always loved the stocking you made for Rosie, Mom," Claire said. Rosie was her cat as a child.

The little portrait I did of Claire at age seven looks just like her. Couldn't throw it away after Rosie departed. Why not make it Claire's?

Last month, I embroidered Claire's name. Today I cut out the new cuff pieces and sewed the stocking together. Added a gusset on the right to fit more gifts.

TA DA!

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful mother beautiful daughter

@BudFrank

Thank you!

Your daughter is so beautiful in that pic,she certainly takes after you , loved the sock and all the memories it must bring back

@RoyMillar

Thank you.

Claire was sick of taking photo and coming down with the flu. Claire could not trick-or-treat that year in the gypsy costume I made. Poor kid was too sick.

@LiterateHiker That was a bummer she could not go out ,not sure if i missed a halloween due to sickneess or not but remember lot of wet sometimes snowy nights,then we took a pillow case to collect treats so it would not fall apart from being wet

@RoyMillar

Great idea to take a pillowcase! At 3-1/2, Claire was a kitty for Halloween. Her artist daddy painted faces. I made her costume.

Trick or treating in the rain, Claire's paper bag got wet. It was a rough night. She tripped, fell, spilled her candy and cried. Daddy comforted her.

@LiterateHiker Those pics are so cute 🙂 and a beautiful shoot of you in your younger years

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.