Agnostic.com

0 0

LINK Obama Says Trump Is 'Denying Reality' By Failing To Concede To Biden : NPR

Barack Obama, in an interview with NPR, also discusses his new book and reflects on race, in what I actually found the more interesting part of the article (I mean, everybody is calling out Trump for denying reality, that's not really news...).

"There are times where I am sad, where I'm angry, where I'm hurting, where I feel obliged to buck up my wife or my daughters when we see not just the kinds of shocking injustices as we saw with George Floyd, but also when you see elected officials — people in positions of responsibility — not simply ignore or dismiss these things, but actually seem to suggest that it's OK," Obama said. "I think it is completely understandable to feel discouraged and hurt and upset."
But he said the progress that has been made on race in just his lifetime is what keeps him from a "plunge into despair."
Obama also said he draws inspiration from a younger generation that is more open when it comes to attitudes on not just race, but also gender and sexual orientation.
He said this is the generation he wrote the book for — to show that there are two competing visions for the world: one where "we are a collection of tribes and we are inevitably at war and it's a zero-sum game" and another that says "for all our differences, there is a common humanity and it is possible for us in a multiracial, multiethnic, highly diverse country and world, it is possible for us to see each other, understand each other, respect each other and work together."
The choice, he said, is up to them.

Paul4747 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553453