Agnostic.com

3 2

My email today informs me that Amazon is growing its monopoly with action deleterious to the common person.
Consequently the American activist group is calling for signatures.

"Amazon, one of the biggest booksellers and publishers, is refusing to let libraries lend any ebook it publishes, or any audiobook it creates. During the pandemic, checkouts of ebooks from libraries are up 52 percent. But, Amazon is undercutting libraries and access to knowledge for those most in need."

[actionnetwork.org]

FrayedBear 9 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I took out an Amazon account many years ago, when they only did books, then lost my password. They would not let me open another account, so I never went back. And since then everything that I have heard makes me glad I did not. Support the high street !

Yes, already on the avoid list for me, I value a, ‘free market’ and my nation of shopkeepers. Thanks for the update though.

Probably the excuse is they're afraid that their product will be downloaded or recorded. They want to control the market. Jeff Bezos is the only guy in the world who's allowed to make money. Shudder the thought someone goes to the library and doesn't buy books, from them. They've basically put Doubleday, Barnes and Noble and every local book store out of business, they want to destroy libraries. Sadly Philadelphia Free Public Library is closed for the rest of 2020 along with every indoor restaurant, Public and Catholic schools and all court services because of the Covid-19. 2,000 Americans died today. It's scary and all the president cares about is the election that he's trying to overturn.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.