Agnostic.com

1 1

Without hearing recording of the real conversation it is very hard to tell if the reporter isn't allowing ego to overrule opportunity to educate?

ABC blind reporter complains:

[abc.net.au]

FrayedBear 9 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Random strangers can be quite rude and insensitive. To engage in conversation with a stranger over anything personal pertaining to them is audacious, smug and in her case, flat out mean. What's wrong with people?

Can't agree with you & turn the question around to "what's wrong with people that they cannot answer a simple obvious question about themself without getting hoity toity and butt hurt offended?"

It's no wonder xenophobia & discrimination occurs.

And "I couldn't cope with blindness and would suicide" is not a condemnation of her but a statement of admiration - the guy is basically saying "shit you are stronger than me, I would have suicided in the situation!"

@FrayedBear She didn't ask him to engage her in the first place. If they had talked at length or were acquainted, that's one thing. This was a stranger tapping her on the shoulder. Brazenly asking a complete stranger an insensitive question out of personal curiosity is more than rude. Just go on with his business. He saw a blind lady on the bus that day. Whateva the guy meant, he may not have intended harm, he should STFU. People need to mind their own business.

@barjoe More than likely he knew that she was a public person on the radio.
I was once asked by a complete stranger during a supposed training session with an industrial psychologist the question "are you a member of the human race". The psychologist objected to the question. I didn't.
The question was the result of the panic engendered by the psychologist in the questioner not my appearance or non panicking behaviour.

@FrayedBear I don't talk to strangers, not out of the blue for no particular reason. It may be an American city thing. I've been out in the country, middle America and people will talk to complete strangers. In the city, if a stranger comes up to you, they're trying to scam you, rob you or beg for money. Basically of you're street wise, you don't engage with strangers.

@barjoe thanks for the advice but I don't intend visiting this lifetime.
Have you read #MagicPudding?

@FrayedBear I'm sure there are high crime neighborhood areas in Sydney, where some country stumble bumpkin could find themselves vulnerable. Personal harm or at least grifters and pickpockets. It's the way people are no matter what country. Like the magic pudding I guess.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.