Agnostic.com

1 0

A slightly old "Good Morning Britain" pre US election segment with John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols

FrayedBear 9 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah Johnny Rotten is work class.
He's been filthy rich since the 1970s, and only a few years ago copped out and started advertising butter on ITV TV in a hypocritical display of two facedness of the Punk ethic he practically figured headed.

What a fucking dildo.

He was also born into a privilaged middle class family.

@Fernapple His family were irish immigrants and lived in a two bedroom flat in the east end of London, his father was a builder mate and did contract work on construction sites and oil rigs.
My point being he was working class by birth but from the age of 19 has been a well paid, rich personality and (sort of) musician who made a living by being fucking outrageous and a professional rebel.
To still be calling himself working call at 64 is laughable, the only working class job he ever had was as a minicab driver for 5 minutes when he was 17.

@LenHazell53 Perhaps I was misinformed, thank you.

@Fernapple Like the doyen of the folk world Billy Bragg.

@FrayedBear Billy Bragg used to have a support band called Shrug, who's lead singer worked for me for five years, they were intentionally terrible and when this was pointed out to them they would ...Shrug.

[teessidetunes.wordpress.com]

@LenHazell53 reading the WordPress article did not have me shrugging - more sighing about the spoken English of purported university alumni. I could hear the accent!

@LenHazell53 I have never appreciated Bragg.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:557365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.