Agnostic.com

3 6

And it continues…

Black Mom Swarmed & Beaten by Philly Riot Police with Toddler in Car Demands Officers Be Fired

“A Black mother who was attacked by a horde of Philadelphia police officers is speaking out about the harrowing experience. Rickia Young was driving an SUV with her 2-year-old son and teenage nephew on October 27 as the city was engulfed in protest over the police killing of Walter Wallace Jr. earlier that day. Officers descended on the vehicle, broke its windows, assaulted and arrested her and separated her from her child.”

"Young’s arrest went viral due to a shocking video of the police swarming her vehicle, and after the National Fraternal Order of Police — the country’s largest police union - posted a photo of her 2-year-old on social media, falsely claiming he “was lost during the violent riots in Philadelphia, wandering around barefoot in an area that was experiencing complete lawlessness.” More than a month after the police attack, Rickia Young is demanding the officers involved be fired. “The police have not offered an explanation as to why they acted the way they did that night. They responded instead with a police investigation into Rickia,” says Kevin Mincey, Rickia Young’s attorney."

Full Article: [democracynow.org]?

A Black man was shot three times for carrying a Subway sandwich outside of his home in Ohio

“After a 23-year-old Black man was killed outside of his home in Ohio by a veteran SWAT deputy, local activists are questioning what really happened that led to the incident. The man killed, identified as Casey Goodson Jr., was neither a suspect nor the focus of any investigation, according to Buzzfeed News.”

“Officers were said to be looking for a suspect nearby when Goodson drove by, said Peter Tobin, the U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of Ohio, on Friday at a press conference. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed in a statement Sunday that veteran and Franklin County Sheriff's deputy Jason Meade shot Goodson for allegedly waving a gun from his car. However, Goodson’s family said that Goodson was shot three times in the back while entering his home carrying a Subway sandwich after returning from a dentist appointment.

Full Article: [dailykos.com]

nogod4me 8 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sickening!
"Land of the free." "Land of opportunity!" How about Land of Bull shit!

My hometown never ceases to amaze me with its racist, murderous corruption. I've had friends who were civil rights activists disappear from the planet there some years ago. The city has been, and are currently being investigated by the fed for the xth time, and the new city bosses are always the same as the old. I would call it a living nightmare, but then I'm reminded of my time in St Louis. Sometimes the grief fatigues me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.