Agnostic.com

1 0

Free Will, does it exist?

I've watched a few of Sam Harris' videos regarding free will. It really has been questioning whether or not we actually have free will.

If the choices we make today are based on our past experiences and how they affected us, how can we have free will?

If a dog bites you as a child, and as an adult you have the choice of getting a cat or a dog, you're more than likely going to choose a cat. Is that really free will?

• 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
KDzo 4 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It sounds like you are confusing free will with choices based on past experience? I think I would need to watch those videos to have a better perspective though. Can you link them please?

Here is a shorter version, under 10min. He has many log talks/lectures, as well as a podcast.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.