Agnostic.com

2 1

Try as I might, I cannot understand what it is in the American psyche that causes violent clashes between protesters and counter-protesters about the democratic process. See [abc.net.au] for an example of this. If anybody could enlighten me, I would be very grateful.

anglophone 9 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here’s a good article about it:

[psychologytoday.com]

Basically one group to tend be at the end of tether and feeling unheard through other means.
The other group are feeling justified in keeping the peace and what they are doing.
What scares me is always the idea that it just takes a few extremists to turn a peaceful protest into something else and genuinely peaceful protesters could get stuck in the midst.

Great article....thanks for sharing it

Thanks for sharing that article.

The first story said the police used pepper spray on "everyone", not that there were violent clashes between them.......the writer also was highly inflammatory saying after the demonstration groups "roamed"....maybe just trying to find their cars? No instance of violence given! Try reading a bit more critically...this writer is very good at hitting emotional notes with choice of words!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.