Agnostic.com

6 3

Evangelical leader Beth Moore trends on Twitter after calling Trumpism ‘seductive and dangerous’

'I have never seen anything in these United States of America I found more astonishingly seductive & dangerous to the saints of God than Trumpism,' the founder of Living Proof Ministries said in her tweet.’

[religionnews.com]evangelical-leader-beth-moore-trends-on-twitter-after-calling-trumpism-seductive-and-dangerous/

skado 9 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice that someone's listening to me. Concerning that it's merely a woman preaching to a choir that doesn't believe women should be preaching in to begin with. I think of this quote, from another article, having a greater effect if Dr Jill Biden returns u$A to a public education system. Charter Schools are currently all the rage.

Childhood religiosity was heavily affected by government spending on education and, to a lesser degree, government spending on old-age pensions. Thus, while more educated people were not less religious, societies that spent more public money on education were less religious. It is not educational attainment per se that reduces religiosity, but government control of education and, to a lesser extent, government support for retirement.

A previous posting on 'hidden brain' tells of how many people support a corrupt and vile leader when they are in power but then drop that support when they are out. Many Germans supported Hitler when he reigned but after the war most said they only did so because of others and that they secretly hated him. The program talked at length on how most just 'go along to get along.'

Someone finally spoke truth about tRump! Good for her.

Remember what Samantha Bee called Ivanka? That's what I think of this woman. These religious leaders know full well the manipulative qualities of their rants, on some level they knew how to spin an immoral blowhard into the 'chosen' one and get just what they have wanted forever - the break down of the separation of church and state. I am beyond pissed off.

I missed that.

@freeofgod Sam Bee called her a feckless cunt. Sam did apologize, which ticked me off, Ivanka is and more an evil one. IMO

“ spin an immoral blowhard into the 'chosen' one”?
How is this woman doing that? She’s calling him dangerous.

@skado NOW she is calling him dangerous. I read where several other are now jumpin' ship. This is the hypocrisy of religion that makes me crazy and it really is sad.

@silverotter11
Not just now, in her case. She's been speaking out against evangelical support for Trump since 2016, at considerable personal and professional cost to her. I have to give credit where credit is due.

@skado Weird, I tried to find something on her. Thank you. I've have had odd results before. A good friend of mine will query something from his I-phone and never get results that I do.
I also wonder why, well maybe not, why MSM did not do more to promote her views. Her voice would have been so helpful.

The first crack in the dam, I hope!

Why are these so-called religious "leaders" the absolute last ones to start seeing the light about Trump? They seem to believe whatever feels good at the time, as long as it works for them. Now the rats are jumping from the Titanic. And why does anyone listen to someone like this? Find a real job, lady.

Oh they see the truth. They just ignore it for political gain. Hell, ignoring has gotten them three appointed to the supreme court.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.