Agnostic.com

3 2

Sunday Assembly

Who's gone to a Sunday Assembly and what are your thoughts? In the Twin Cities and thinking of going.

kmdskit3 8 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go just to find out what happens. I went to a Unitarian church last weekend for the experience. It was waaaaaay to much like organized religion for me, but I'm glad I had the experience. I will go to a Sunday assembly soon in LA just to experience it. I would really love to start a meeting organization for atheists and I am thinking that to hold it around a talk from a scientist or 'very interesting person' every week would be the best way to get people to come so that they can see Atheists are actually better than normal people!!! 🙂

I would like to have an assembly and I think it would change the way atheists are viewed. Currently I am associated with the devil as stupid as that may be, but an organized group could work good causes and present to the public a positive position. We are always seen as people who protest something and I would like to show a different side of our people
\

Way to close to being church. One of the perks of atheism is doing what I want with my time. Perhaps I could understand the benifit for someone making a big break from a robust and long held religious routine as a step down? Mormons let religion suck up SO. MUCH. TIME. So I could see the benifit since the average devout and active Mormon spends an easy 8 hours a week either in some kind of service or activity. I could understand having no idea how to fill a time slot you have no memory of spending any other way.

My 2 cents.

Was looking for someone who had attended to describe the experience and any positives or negatives for the actual assemblies.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.