Agnostic.com

2 0

What Box Do I Fit In?

1. The only way to totally take over/change a society is to Kill Their god! (And replace it). Study what Constantine did.

2. Humans Need (to genetic core) PURPOSE..
    This comes in form of “a god” or “god figure”

3. Humans need rituals (fellowship)

4. Democracy allows stupid people (the majority) to make laws that intelligent (minority) people must live by.

5. Why does everyone fear that a New World Order is necessarily bad?!

6. There’s no such thing as Total Freedom (unless u live in a cave). We all have some responsibilities to the whole.

7. Why should I care if the USA divides into multiple countries? At least we could have peace.

8. We have stopped having big wars. These used to protect the earth from overpopulation. Now we threaten the planet like flies breeding into infinity

9. The NEW RELIGION will discourage big families and encourage a “Tribal Family “. As we live longer lives we must have an alternative concept of love, family, and reproduction. The “family “ may be too cumbersome for the new age.

SocialDarwin 5 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would disagree with 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9. But it's not clear if you're asking for feedback/debate or just posting your thoughts/opinions.

Yes I was looking for debate. Ok let’s start with #2. So, most humans need purpose. So, why do you think the suicide rate is so high?

I will agree that individually people need purpose (as defined by the individual) but needing a god or god figure is not at all necessary in order to have a sense of purpose.

Suicide has absolutely nothing to do with having a sense of purpose. Suicide is a result of depression or mental illness. No amount of purpose is going to cure depression or mental illness. Do you think that Robin Williams or Anthony Bourdain or Kurt Cobain had no purpose despite being world-famous celebrities? Suicide rate is high because mental illness is not well diagnosed or treated and there is often a stigma with mental illness as well as other reasons.

@Charles1971
Robin Williams had a dementia disease and chose to go before he became incapacitated. I personally am convinced cobra in was murdered (but another debate).
SO>>> people did not kill them selves near as often 30 years ago. This spike is recent. So, genetic predisposition could not be that different now. Why the spike? All of a sudden?

@SocialDarwin Those three people were just examples that came to mind. I would think that there are a great many factors that have caused the suicide rate to increase (though not as dramatically as you imply). But religion or belief in deities is not likely a significant factor. Do you have any data to back up your hypothesis that religion/believe in deities has any impact on suicide rates?

And, hypothetically, even if you are correct... so what? Being alive but horribly miserable, suffering, or in pain (mental or physical) is not necessarily an improvement over being dead. Instead of religion and gods people need healthcare, counseling, and therapy... which is something not available or affordable by many people. Real solutions are always better than bullshit religion.

I would imagine that it is possible to fit in several of them at the same time. Why don't you tell us more about yourself ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.