Agnostic.com

7 20

"It's not your place to say that," he said. What, because I'm a woman?

Know how you think of a great comeback later?

Today at the grocery store, I felt appalled by all the Covidiots wearing masks with their nose uncovered. A young man with his nose uncovered coughed near me.

"With your nose uncovered, your mask is useless," I told him. He got defensive. "It's not your place to say that," he replied. "What do you care, you have your nose and mouth covered." He stomped away. "You are spreading the virus!" I called after him.

Driving home, I stewed. Running at the riverfront, I stewed. Thought of comebacks:

1. "I have no right to say that because I'm a woman? So you're selfish, stupid and sexist."

2. "Over 20 million Americans tested positive for COVID. Over 350,000 Americans have died. It's because of selfish people like you who are spreading the virus."

3. "We can catch the virus through our eyes. Why do you think medical professionals wear goggles when they care for COVID patients?

4. Don't you understand how a mask works? The vast majority of people get infected through their nose. You inhale microscopic COVID virus droplets lingering in the air.

5. "Everyone needs to confront you selfish people. Shame on you for spreading the virus! People like you are the reason over 350,000 Americans have died from COVID."

6. "Where is your empathy for others?"

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They guy was a idiot

Proud of you for standing up and confronting him ,more of this needs to happen

@RoyMillar

Thank you. I've found young men are more likely to thank me and pull up their mask. Most women do the same.

Guys over age 40 often lash out at me. It's about sexism and control.

@LiterateHiker Yes and the over 40 men quite often are dealing with a lot of anger and take it out on others

@RoyMillar

Good insight. Thank you.

@LiterateHiker Thank you

I got into quite a snit with a retired State Trooper in our home town pharmacy. And I got no help from the pharmacist. 🤬

Good responses! I think there’s covid fatigue as well as apathy everywhere

Luckily it's better here

It seems to me a plague of "apathy" is running rampant here in the USA. I go to Wal-Mart probably once a week and I keep a very conscious eye on what percentages of customers AND SHOCKINGLY EMPLOYEES are maskless or "nose free" ... Since the middle of November(post Drumpf loss😂) the percentages have increased from an observed 1 in 20 to 4 in 20 or about 5% to 20%...Lowe's visitations have almost ALWAYS been up around 20% and now are up to probably better than 40%...keep in mind I live in Alabama. People here just don't give a rat's ASS what the science community says. It would take 80% of the population to be vaccinated for this virus to come under control and with all the misinformation and the antivaxer crowd and the damn RELIGIOUS factions not to mention half of our Representatives in Washington are going to fight ANYTHING Biden tries to push...we are FUCKED.

You now have a well stocked armoury of comebacks the next time it happens. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.