Agnostic.com

2 4

More of this, please. đź‘Ź

Facebook bans Trump through Biden inauguration, maybe longer

In a post announcing the unprecedented move, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said the risk of allowing Trump to use the platform is too great following the president’s incitement of a mob that touched off a deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

Zuckerberg says Trump’s account will be locked “for at least the next two weeks” but could remain locked indefinitely.

“The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden,” Zuckerberg wrote.

[apnews.com]

Apunzelle 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He should have been banned years ago!

We need, or atleast I feel I need, to learn more about Germany's use of the group Netzg or whatever it's called to moderate Facebook. We need a similar organization in US. Why does private enterprise control so much? I guess because everyone sell's out their own freedom of speech to Zuck?

So you collude with inciting sedition?

@AnneWimsey I don't know what you're referring too. I'm talking about American ppl, some independent organiztion comprised of non- Zuck employees having a say in how content is moderated.

@Flowerwall oh, sorry, I mean censorship.

@AnneWimsey Self moderation, as in a community or nation moderating itself, not moderation by business. Moderation by business is too prone to manipulation of the whims of leaders.

Ummmm, becuz they are PRIVATE ENTERPRISES and therefore get control over THEIR enterprise?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.