Agnostic.com

4 3

I just finished watching The Lady in the Van. I really enjoyed it partially because of its different technique for storytelling and definitely because of its illustration of the inhumanity of the Catholic Church. It also reminded me that both human kindness and hypocrisy come in many different forms.

Lorajay 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely on my list of great movies.

Look forward to seeing this

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 11, 2021

Allan Bennett is an astounding writer of deep and full rounded characters.

I would like to see this. I just saw Nomadland with Frances McDormand, I highly recommend it, it's about a woman who lives in her van as well. Very cerebral. This looks like it's satirical.

It is, but it is also a very touching true story of the authors relationship with a homeless woman who lived on his drive way for many years, despite his attempts to help and care for her.

I looked up Nomadland and it's not streaming yet. I hope I remember to check again later. The trailer looks like I would enjoy it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.