Agnostic.com

5 2

Hard to argue with Carl...
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark | Carl Sagan 1995

Captain_Feelgood 8 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm looking at the comments here, and I'm reminded of the people that think those of us here in the US that hunt big game, don't care about the environment, and don't care about the preservation of our wildlife... It's truly mind boggling...

All that with the decline in critical thinking skills, explaining why too many people believe nonsense and have no skill set to process it.

Sagan had a foreboding... and more of the difficulties he identifies there. His predictions are understandable.

About a decade earlier his own critical faculties had declined so much that he first attacked and then apologized for attacking an evidence-supported model of the universe.

It goes well beyond th ed media shows he mentioned. Many of us survived Saturday morning cartoons. The biggest leader of the stupification of America is religion.

This is exactly why Betsy DeVos was placed in a job allowing her to contribute to the diminishing American educational system! An ignorant, uneducated American population makes it much easier for swine like the pustule to convince us that what we see isn't there and what he tells us is the ONLY acceptable truth!

@BTHT And you don't see a connection to what I wrote?

@BTHT Somehow, I doubt that. Knowing what we know about her....I'll stand on my original idea. Reduce public schools to low-quality, underfunded messes and put support into to private or religious schools for the wealthy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.